Investment Specialist - Emerging Market Debt
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) is one of the largest family-owned private banks in the world. But what makes UBP really unique is its corporate culture, which combines modernity and tradition. Although UBP was founded in 1969, its origins can be traced back to the 17th century and the start of a long line of financiers and diplomats of whom Edgar de Picciotto and his descendants are the successors. Today, the Bank's staff draw their inspiration and drive from the founding family's subtle blend of strong moral values and pragmatism, which to this day remain the key to UBP’s success.
Be the link between the portfolio managers and the sales teams.
Promote the asset class through the ability to highlight the investment team’s DNA and our strategies’ key selling points in order to ensure effective knowledge transfer to sales. Responsible for producing various though leadership pieces to support sales in their efforts in promoting our range. Acquainted with the asset class’ peer groups in order to be able to make recommendations on our strategies’ positioning. Suggest actions through proper market intelligence to sales who may have difficulties penetrating their markets. Expected to drive sales’ dynamism by stimulating the local sales’ strategy per country. Leading interpersonal skill which will help grow quickly into the subtlety needed role to promote and drive the client facing activities on the asset class. Co-operate with the investment team constructively in order to gain their trust. Listened to on topics such as product launches.
- Produce and update all Marketing material, including regular (e.g. monthly, quarterly) reports for mutual funds and mandates, presentations, bespoke reports.
- Take a leading role in producing research material needed for conducting thought leadership pieces (white papers) needed to tease clients.
- Ensure our sales’ team knowledge on the asset class.
- Keep a watchful eye on process and the integrity of what we do versus what we say to our external clients.
- Lead the market intelligence in order to bring value added support to sales leading them to increase penetration of new markets.
- Be the preferred partner for client calls and roadshows where requested.
- Interact with all other internal channels within AM to ensure a fluid business flow. (Including RFP, Fund creation, reporting teams, legal and compliance etc).
- Lead the way of the range management.
Excellence in Powerpoint writing, message delivering, excellent capacity to work with Excel.
Years of experience:
+10 : senior
Excellent understanding of financial markets and specifically Emerging Market debt.
Experience in private banking:
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Driven and capacity to work under serious pressure
- High level of independency, initiative, reliability, innovation and integrity
- Be open to other’s ideas / Balance personal & team interests / Express opinion and criticism in a constructive way
- Seek opportunities to improve the existing / Be a continuous learner / Adopt change with a positive attitude
- Think in ‘Problem-Action-Results’ terms / Walk the extra mile / Be proactive and driven / Show strong client service ethic / Build lasting client relationships
- Consistently comply with internal & external regulations / Seek opportunities to improve quality in all features of the work environment