The Private Markets Group makes unique private market investment opportunities available to UBP clients. We bring transactions of institutional quality to private clients, focusing on the small/mid-cap segment where higher returns can be achieved, with due diligence being a paramount consideration.
Selected strategies (non-exhaustive list)
Legal / structuring expertise
- Structure analysis: Efficient and rigorous legal assessment of investments
- Structure set-up: Providing structuring expertise when required
PMG’s monitoring activity, which covers the entire lifespan of our investments, is aimed at ensuring that those investments are in line with the initial business plan, and that investors are paid any distributions and provided with material information in a timely manner, with our strategies being adapted as and when necessary.
PMG’s approach for institutional clients focuses on differentiated strategies across real estate, infrastructure, private debt, and private equity. These strategies are either managed in-house or via exclusive partnerships with seasoned managers.
Governmental real estate
- Attractive yield: large spread over government bonds
- Strength and resilience of the tenants/counterparties
- High renewal probability: focus on mission-critical assets
- Predictable cash flows with long-term visibility
- Resilient business models with high barriers to entry
- Low volatility: returns uncorrelated to other asset classes
Affordable housing financing
- Defensive strategy: clear undersupply of affordable housing
- Attractive yield due to reduced bank lending (e.g. UK)
- Exclusive transactions: off-market proprietary origination
Impact private equity
- Strong value creation with compelling target returns
- Diversified growth equity portfolio tackling climate change
- Transparent impact measurement process and reporting