We distinguish two main families within alternatives, based on their utility within an overall portfolio:
- Diversifiers to traditional fixed income will seek uncorrelated return drivers to cope with expectations of rising interest rate volatility
- Substitutes to traditional equities will seek convexity through a reduced market beta to cope with rising market volatility
Investment philosophy & process
The rapid growth of the alternatives industry over the last two decades has led to an extraordinary rise in the number of alternative funds, financial innovations and inherent risks. UBP endeavours to construct an Approved List of alternative funds that consists of the best names across many strategies and take into consideration a variety of constraints such as liquidity, transparency and the regulatory framework.
Our strict investment process in selecting alternative investments is a blend of top-down and bottom-up analysis with risk oversight at each step.
- Single Alternative UCITS solutions
- Bespoke alternative portfolios
- Niche investment strategies through opportunistic partnerships: insurance-linked securities, leveraged loans, private markets