Assistant Senior Relationship Manager - Eastern Europe
Wealth Management (WM)
As it plays such a major part in our strategy, we are investing significantly in Wealth Management to fuel our growth, particularly in Europe (onshore), the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia. We provide a complete range of private banking products and services, including a variety of investment management and advisory mandates, tailored to our clients's specific requirements, objectives and risk profiles. Among UBP professional partners, over 300 independent asset managers have chosen us as their custodian bank, valuing our personalised, flexible services and our transparent fee structure.
Assist the relationship manager(s) in opening new relationships and serving clients, in compliance with the Bank’s internal regulations and guidelines.
I. Relations with private clients and marketing (in strict compliance with the regulatory framework, the Bank’s Cross-Border rules and the Bank’s internal directives)
- Cultivates relationships with clients (both managed and advisory) to ensure a high level of client satis-faction;
- Responds to clients’/prospects’ needs with the support of the team’s relationship managers or experts;
- Helps clients regularise their tax situation with the support of the Wealth Planning teams;
- Ensures that the contractual documents signed by the clients and the supporting paperwork are up-to-date and comply with the Bank’s internal directives, taking into account the client’s profile and types of transactions.
II. Administrative tasks, transaction executions, discretionary management mandates, advisory mandates and client queries
- Ensures clients’ transactions/instructions/requests (stock market orders, transfers, tax report requests, product information, etc.) are executed/addressed correctly and swiftly;
- Ensures that the necessary checks have been carried out before initiating or authorising fund outflows (transfers, securities settlements, cash for collection);
- Provides administrative support to the relationship manager(s) with opening and closing accounts, preparing visits and trips, filing client data and documents, checking that clients investments are con-sistent with their risk profiles;
- Records all transactions and client contact in the Bank’s data systems (transaction reports, contact re-ports, CMS declarations, etc.), as required by internal directives.
- Carries out first-level checks as per internal directives, where applicable;
- Inform Etat-Major, line managers or Compliance, where applicable, of transactions or situations putting the Bank at heightened risk.
IV. Compliance with regulations and internal directives
1. Knows and applies internal directives, in particular with regard to:
- Entering into business relations with clients, contacts/relations with clients (existing or prospective), and related documentation;
- Cross-border policy;
- Investment policy;
- Documenting client contact/visits;
- Executing transactions, responding to client queries and documenting such activity;
- Business travels;
2. Knows and applies banking laws and regulations (SBA directives, FINMA circulars, Money-Laundering Act, Code of Obligations, Federal Law on Banks, Collective Investment Schemes Act, etc.);
3. Knows and applies specific rules (regarding products, taxes) in force in clients’ core markets, based on the reference documents made available by the Bank or, where required, on the Group’s expertise (e.g. the Tax team, Investment Advisory, Wealth Planning).
V. Training and duty to keep informed
1. Attends the Bank’s compulsory in-house training sessions and, where applicable, external courses upon the Bank’s request.
- Improve on the status quo, learn and develop
- Manage risks and comply with rules and laws
- Be aware that security including cyber security are under everyone’s responsibility
- Act for the benefit of the UBP Group, and not only for his team or division
Years of experience:
7-10 : senior
Minimum 10 years in a similar function.
Experience in private banking:
Capacity to work for several Relationship Managers - Autonomous, well-organized and able to work under pressure - Likes administrative tasks and taking initiatives.