Junior Technology Advisor - one year mission
Asset Management (AM) With more than 200 people, AM has built an on-the-ground presence in the world’s major markets through organic growth and selected partnerships. We offer a select range of actively managed strategies in both the long-only and alternative spaces, with complete independence for portfolio managers. We focus on strategic niche https://www.ubp.com/en/investment-expertise investment themes such as absolute return fixed income, emerging markets, convertibles, selected equity strategies and alternative investments. Most of our strategies are managed in-house and external portfolio managers are selected only when they show unmatchable long-term qualities. We serve the whole spectrum of both local and global https://www.ubp.com/en/institutional-clients institutional clients, including sovereign wealth funds, endowment funds, pension funds, insurance companies, banks, central banks, family offices and distributors.
For our UBP headquarter in Geneva, we are looking for a Junior Equity Advisor dedicated to the Advisory Department, with speciality to the technology sector.
This one year mission is a 50-50% allocation to generate ideas and managing our existing mandates in the technology sector and working for the advisory team.
- Produce high quality and timely investment analysis on the technology sector, identifying companies which outperform the global sectoral indices
- Identify long-cycle thematic opportunities for funds and certificates we manage (>$250mn AUM)
- Interest in thematic investment: artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, electric cars, gaming, robotics, software, semiconductors etc.
- Participate and maintenance of the global technology equity recommended lists (writing investment reports, monitoring of positions, discussion with private bankers and clients).
- Meeting with companies and sell side analysts.
- Coordinate our daily document for clients and relationship managers
- Working on our monthly and quarterly publications, available for the whole UBP bank
- Developing the right publication tools to market the service and the investment ideas for relationship managers.
- Producing investment proposals for clients and relationship managers.
- Serve as a visible and pro-active communicator for the global, equity investment analysis team views across internal and external communication platforms.
- Strong accountings competencies.
- Understanding of DCF models.
- Capable of performing analysis of markets, interpreting data based in formal knowledge and experience and disseminating information appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Able to adjust communication style based on customer.
- Capable of highly independent work and act as a self-starter in completing market analysis and identifying potential areas of opportunity.
- Trading capabilities.
- Willing to understand asset allocation and portfolio construction as it applies to ultra-high-net-worth clients.
- Quantitative analysis.
Statistical backgroung a plus.
- Education: University Degree
- Years of experience: 0-3 : beginner
- Experience in private banking: Optional
- English: Fluent
- French: Advanced
- Swiss resident: Mandatory