Compliance Officer Assistant (temporary mission 6 months)
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) was founded in 1969 by Edgar de Picciotto, whose vision from the outset was to offer investors an astute and innovative wealth management service. With assets under management of CHF 147.4 billion as at the end of 2020 and a professional, global workforce of around 1,800 people, UBP is a major player in Switzerland’s wealth-management industry. Headquartered in Geneva, the Bank has over twenty locations in key economic and financial hubs worldwide, enabling it to combine global expertise with local know-how
Provides administrative support to the compliance monitoring & sanction team
Ensure detection and monitoring of high risk transactions in an AML perspective and in respect of international sanctions.
Execute other Compliance controls and monitoring task
Handle administrative and Compliance activities.
Provides administrative support to the compliance monitoring & sanction team:
- Schedule meetings, prepare minutes of compliance committees,
- Notify committee’s decisions to the relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure follow-up of committee’s decisions
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, scanning etc.
- Prepare specific compliance reporting
- Draft and prepare compliance memos as well as flow-charts
Second level of control of High Risk Transactions alerts under AMLperspective:
- Review of RM explanations on AML Alerts declarations ;
- Evaluating plausibility of information and eventual supportive documentation;
- Definition of corrective measures if required;
- Eventual clarification procedure according to art 6 AML Law.
Second level of control of transactions under national and international sanctions or embargoes:
- Support to Operations in identification of persons or entities under the scope of CH / UFAC / UN and EU sanctions in SWIFT or SIC messages;
- Second level of control on Stelink hit reports;
- Checking updates on Swiss sanctions lists;
- Uploading of sanctions lists on a weekly basis.
Management of blocked accounts:
- Management of daily operations on blocked accounts;
- Consider decision on unblocking accounts / transactions;
Periodical review of blockages’ reasons and necessity.
- Others AML controls and monitoring;
- Support to Group Compliance and PB on AML and sanctions matters.
Law, finance, economy
Years of experience:
3-7 : intermediate
Experience in private banking:
Prior experience in bank;
Knowledge of AML;
Capacity to deal with several matters simultaneously;
Capacity to work under pressure;
Team spirit and good communication skills;
Good administrative and analytical skills.