UBP Asset Management (France) is authorised to offer the following services and carry out the following activities:
- Managing UCITS funds;
- Managing alternative investment funds (AIF);
- Managing assets through mandates;
- Providing investment advice;
- Marketing the Group’s collective investment funds, as well as those from external managers.
UBP Asset Management (France) today
- UBP Asset Management (France) has been the UBP Group’s asset-management company in France since 1998.
- It is the UBP Group’s centre of expertise for convertible bond management.
- It handles the marketing of the UBP Group’s products and expertise in France*, in particular the Luxembourg SICAV, “UBAM”.
- It brings together a management structure and skill set that respond to the unique requirements of French institutional investors thanks to its team of around twenty people who are dedicated to institutional asset management.
- UBP Asset Management (France) is well established in France with around 100 institutional clients and some EUR 2.9 billion** in assets under management.
Responsible Investment at the UBP Group
The UBP Group signed up to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) in March 2012. Since then, it has developed its Responsible Investment Policy (RI Policy) and gradually integrated environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into its investing. Since 1 January 2018 the UBP Group has been expanding its RI policy and strengthened its process for selecting and filtering the companies in which it invests, in particular by clarifying the ESG criteria it takes into account, the internal governance structure of its RI approach, and its investment processes (with an exclusion list, an inclusion list, and a watch list).
UBP Asset Management (France) applies the UBP Group's policy, including ESG criteria, to the portfolios it manages whilst also taking into consideration specific requirements for institutional mandates and dedicated portfolios
Moreover, in 2012 the company launched the UBAM - SRI European Convertible Bond fund, which is managed according to strict responsible investment principles, and a global one in 2021, UBAM - Global Sustainable Convertible Bond (see the RI transparency code). We also provide investors with ESG reporting as per regulations and specifically in application of Article 173 of the French energy transition law.
Further information on Responsible Investing at UBP can be found here.
* This business may generate retrocessions on part of the fees charged by the UCITS.
** As at 31 December 2020.
Scope of application
As per the UBP Group’s internal directives, its responsible investing policy (including exclusion lists, watch lists and inclusion lists) applies to all the convertible bond strategies of the UBAM SICAV. As part of their extra-financial objectives, UBAM – SRI European Convertible Bond and UBAM – Global Sustainable Convertible Bond also apply specific exclusion and inclusion criteria, defined in their respective responsible investing transparency codes. Other collective investment schemes managed by UBP Asset Management (France) are (i) reserved funds, for which the RI policy must be approved by the investors, or (ii) funds whose management we have delegated, in which case the investment policy that applies is that of the third-party manager.
As per applicable regulations and UBP’s internal directives, UBP Asset Management (France) has implemented a voting policy suited to its activities. This policy stipulates the circumstances in which we intend to exercise the voting rights that come with ownership of shares in the UCITS we manage.
The report on the exercise of voting rights for funds managed by UBP Asset Management (France) is also available from the management company upon request.
UBP Asset Management (France)Contact Us
116, avenue des Champs-Elysées,
75008 Paris, France
Tel.: +33 1 75 77 80 80