UBP Asset Management (France) is authorised to offer the following services and carry out the following activities:
- Managing UCITS funds;
- Managing alternative investment funds (AIF);
- Managing assets through mandates;
- Providing investment advice;
- Marketing the Group’s collective investment funds, as well as those from external managers.
UBP Asset Management (France) today
- UBP Asset Management (France) has been the UBP Group’s asset-management company in France since 1998.
- It is the Group’s centre of expertise for convertible bond management.
- It handles the marketing of the UBP Group’s products and expertise in France*, in particular the Luxembourg SICAV, “UBAM”.
- It brings together a management structure and skill set that respond to the unique requirements of French institutional investors thanks to its team of around twenty people who are dedicated to institutional asset management.
- UBP Asset Management (France) is well established in France with around 100 institutional clients and some EUR 2.65 billion** in assets under management.
Responsible Investment at the UBP Group
The UBP Group signed up to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) in March 2012. Since then, it has developed its Responsible Investment Policy (RI Policy) and gradually integrated environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into its investing. Since 1 January 2018 the UBP Group has been expanding its RI policy and strengthened its process for selecting and filtering the companies in which it invests, in particular by clarifying the ESG criteria it takes into account, the internal governance structure of its RI approach, and its investment processes (with an exclusion list, an inclusion list, and a watch list).
UBP Asset Management (France) applies the UBP Group's policy, including ESG criteria, to the portfolios it manages (see list below), at different levels:
- Systematically as regards the exclusion list;
- Optionally in some cases on the inclusion list and the watch list.
Managers may also use non-financial data to increase their knowledge of the issuers they are following.
We have been running a RI strategy since 2012 for one of our convertible bond funds, Convertibles Europe Responsable, which is managed entirely according to responsible investment principles (see the RI transparency code). We also provide investors with ESG reporting as per regulations and specifically in application of Article 173 of the French energy transition law.
* This business may generate retrocessions on part of the fees charged by the UCITS.
** As at 31 December 2019.
Scope of application
At UBP Asset Management (France) we apply our RI policy to the funds listed below, which accounted for 34% of assets under management as at 31 December 2019. Other collective investment schemes we manage are (i) reserved funds, for which the RI policy must be approved by the investors, or (ii) funds whose management we have delegated, in which case the investment policy that applies is that of the third-party manager.
Funds to which UBP Asset Management (France) applies its RI policy:
- UBAM Convertibles SICAV
- UBAM Convertibles Europe SRI
This paragraph is updated annually.
ESG reporting as at 31 December 2018
Our voting policy
As per applicable regulations and UBP’s internal directives, UBP Asset Management (France) has implemented a voting policy suited to its activities. This policy stipulates the circumstances in which we intend to exercise the voting rights that come with ownership of shares in the UCITS we manage.
The report on the exercise of voting rights for funds managed by UBP Asset Management (France) is also available from the management company upon request.
UBP Asset Management (France)Contact Us
116, avenue des Champs-Elysées,
75008 Paris, France
Tel.: +33 1 75 77 80 80