UBP’s fund solution to tackle these changes is a flexible and opportunistic multi-asset investment approach. A discretionary multi-asset allocation to all major asset classes, such as fixed income, equities, commodities, cash and money market instruments are all essential to achieve sustainable returns and capture future growth opportunities.
- Financial markets continue to face major changes that are impacting return potential
- Flexible and opportunistic multi-asset allocations can handle these changes
- Investing in all major asset classes with a conviction-driven, multi-asset approach can capture opportunities
- Discretionary allocation driven by expected returns adjusted to volatility
- Disciplined risk management
Investment philosophy and process
Our top-down and bottom-up discretionary multi-asset investment philosophy aims to generate sustained returns over the long term. The macroeconomic view determines the strategic asset allocation and is combined with a fundamentally assessed instrument selection for all asset classes. By superimposing the macroeconomic scenario over the bottom-up selection, the team is able to calculate the desired level of risk in the multi-asset portfolio.
The resulting discretionary construction goes through a quantitative optimisation to fit the level of conviction within a disciplined risk framework in order to limit drawdowns and excessive volatility. Special attention is paid to daily pre-trade risk monitoring.