Senior Compliance Officer (M/F)
Union Bancaire Privée (Europe) S.A. is a Luxembourg-based subsidiary of UBP's Group established in Luxembourg since 1976.
The compliance team is composed of 5 specialists and needs to be reinforced by a Senior Compliance Officer.
The Senior Compliance Officer seeks to ensure that the bank's activities comply with the laws and banking ethics. He must ensure obedience to the Compliance Policy and Chart, approved by the Board of Directors, and identify and control Compliance risks.
You will join a dynamic team that works in a fast growth environment among which you are entitled to ensure that all compliance risks are covered.
As part of the team, the Senior Compliance Officer reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer and his main tasks are to contribute to the following:
- Overall risk-based compliance monitoring program for the Luxembourg entity and its existing branches, through the controls implemented locally in accordance with CSSF and by UBP Group;
- Implementation and follow-up of controls necessary to execute the annual Compliance monitoring plan, including MiFID and AML/CTF, defined and approved by the Management (planning, execution, documentation, reporting of findings and control of the implementation of corrective measures), by conducting, in an independent manner, a priori and a posteriori internal control missions and more particularly regarding the Front-office;
- Centralisation of Compliance issues in accordance with the Compliance Policy and Chart;
- Analysing the deficiencies, determining whether they relate to the systems or individual issues and making recommendations to improve the organization;
- Onboarding of new clients and contribute to review/update of the existing ones;
- Preparation and management of the various committees in place (Account Opening Committee, Anti-Money Laundering Committee, Increased Risk / PEP Committee…);
- Recommendations to Front-office and/or other staff, particularly with regard to AML/CFT (the accounts opening, funds accepting, clarifying the economic background of an operation…);
- Performing controls and providing recommendations with regard to MiFID and/or the execution of market transactions in accordance with internal and external directives, professional code of ethics, rules of conduct and other legal and market requirements in these matters;
- Providing regular reports to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Regular training of employees in areas related to Compliance;
- Performing analysis, impact assessment and follow-up of regulatory developments;
- Maintaining and updating the Compliance Charter and Policy and the Staff Regulations according to developments in the bank's activities, the legislative framework and/or requests from the Board of Directors.
Master degree in Law, Finance or equivalent.
Strong knowledge of regulatory environment in Luxembourg, especially applicable to the banking secto
Advanced knowledge in general with software tools.
Years of experience:
7-10 : senior
At least 7 years of professional experience in a Compliance Function within the financial sector, ideally with exposure to Private Banking.
Experience in private banking:
- Strong knowledge of regulatory environment in Luxembourg, especially applicable to the banking sector.
- Good knowledge of financial products and markets, as well as financial analysis tools.
- Strong analytical skills, responsiveness, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and natural ability to communicate and negotiate with interlocutors at all levels of the hierarchy.
- Dynamic personality, accustomed to working in a team or independently.