Principal Network Engineer
The Bank’s entire operations are managed by COO Division and are headed up by the Chief Operating Officer. It strives to provide both in-house and external clients with a first-rate service to ensure our business operates efficiently and at the best possible cost. The COO division comprises Operations, Finance, Information Management, Human Resources and Logistics. COO employees are committed to providing, with professionalism and enthusiasm, an efficient, proactive, high-quality service that meets the needs of clients within the context of the Bank’s overall strategy.
We are seeking a seasoned network engineer/architect to reinforce the bank’s Infrastructure Strategy and Engineering team.
The Principal Network Engineer is a key person responsible for the architecture and evolution of the bank’s international network including 2 datacenters in Geneva and the bank’s Asian hub, along with in-house managed dark fiber network, global WAN infrastructure, remote offices, as well as Internet and 3rd party connections. He/she is cooperating with a multitude of Architecture, Security, IT and business teams to ensure smooth implementation of network-related projects and swift resolution of complex production issues. Active communication with vendors, suppliers and the bank’s Procurement team is another domain of activity to keep up to date with current technologies and to propose the best solutions possible.
- Spearheading the evolution of the bank’s LAN/MAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP & DC network to guarantee stability of the infrastructure and high quality of service provided to clients, employees, and external partners.
- Actively supporting ongoing IT projects in cooperation with the Architecture, Security, and other IT/business teams.
- Preparing, presenting, and defending solution designs.
- Proposing improvements for easier management and higher effectiveness of network operations.
- Actively managing the overall network inventory and infrastructure capacity.
- Defining and implementing new network-related standards.
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of complex network changes.
- Actively cooperating with the Network Operations team by transferring knowledge and overseeing project implementation.
- Acting as a technical interface with IT vendors
The candidate must be well-versed in the following domains:
- Global Cisco-based LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructures – CCIE level desired.
- Cisco ISR, ASR, Catalyst 6800 VSS, Catalyst 3850/9300, C9800 WLC, and similar.
- Advanced switching, routing, VRF, IPSec VPNs, and similar.
- Datacenter management and operations.
- Cisco Nexus 2k/5k/7k/9k, xWDM, F5, BlueCoat, and similar.
- Checkpoint/Cisco/Palo Alto firewalls and their integration with other well-known security systems.
- Global Cisco CUCM-based VoIP/video collaboration systems.
- Load-balancers, forward and reverse proxies.
- Private and public DNS.
- Site and circuit provisioning.
- Operations, risk, and change management.
Relevant and valued complementary skills:
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux environments based on VMware/RHEV hypervisors.
- Experience with Cisco IronPort.
- Experience with Cisco ISE/NAC.
- Experience with Cisco DNA Centre/ACI, VMWare NSX, and similar.
- Experience with IaaS/SaaS cloud integrations and infrastructure management.
- Experience with cloud-based security solutions.
- ROI, TCO, CAPEX/OPEX budget management skills.
- Security certifications – e.g. CISSP.
- Scripting skills.
Years of experience:
7-10 : senior
10+ years of hands-on experience as a network engineer/architect.
Experience with a complex and distributed network environment is a must.
Experience in private banking desirable.
Experience in private banking:
Good communication and presentation skills irrespectively of the audience.
Ability to defend designs and challenge others.
Ability to navigate ambiguity and embrace change.
Knowledge transfer and coaching skills.