Client Documentation specialist
The Bank’s entire operations are managed by COO Division and are headed up by the Chief Operating Officer. It strives to provide both in-house and external clients with a first-rate service to ensure our business operates efficiently and at the best possible cost. The COO division comprises Operations, Finance, Information Management, Human Resources and Logistics. COO Division employees are committed to providing, with professionalism and enthusiasm, an efficient, proactive, high-quality service that meets the needs of clients within the context of the Bank’s overall strategy.
Ensure the quality and the accuracy of the client’s data at any stage of the banking relationship in terms of “KYC” rules imposed by local or international regulations or conventions, especially in a more and more strict and complex environment.
Maintain composure in all circumstances (work under pressure with high volume and tight deadlines).
Act as a valuable business partner vis-à-vis the other departments (Front Office, Compliance, IT, …) by bringing expertise and proactivity.
Day to day business
- Review the documentation received from the clients for an account opening, an update on an existing account or an account closing and verify that it complies with the local and international regulations (e.g. CDB, CRS, FATCA) as well as the Bank’s directives and procedures from (i) a legal point of view and (ii) that the information stated is consistent with the KYC and other documents provided ( natural person and corporate identity, tax documentation, etc…)
- Verify, depending on the client’s situation (type of structure, country of residence/incorporation), that the relevant set of documents has been validly provided from a KYC and tax perspective (e.g. appropriate CDB form and corporate documents depending on the structure, relevant W forms for US tax purposes, CRS self-certification, tax compliance certification)
- Verify that the information entered in the Bank’s systems by the Front Office is complete according to the documentation signed
- Perform on a daily basis the review of the hits generated by the screening process of the client database returning adverse news, PEP or sanctions imposed on a person in order to confirm the accuracy of the hits, as the 1st level of defence
- Perform periodic controls on the quality and consistency of the client database and correct if required
- Ensure an excellent quality of service by providing an accurate feedback to the Front Office on any error or missing document and answering in a timely manner to any query related to his/her mission and duties
- Act as a business partner by bringing his/her strong expertise and the relevant support and input to the other departments of the bank (Front Office, Compliance, Legal…) when required (on a complex situation, on the implementation of new regulations or bank’s decisions, new projects)
Projects and Change management
- Participate in any project impacting the team, either required by a new regulation or initiated by the Bank, hence participate to workshops, meetings, as required and upon the management delegation (for defining business requirements, performing the testings and any other required tasks)
- Involve the other team members as required,
- Participate in the change management within the team by communicating proactively on the various projects and accompany the team in the change
- Make sure that the procedures and processes are updated accordingly
- Perform regular internal controls to ensure data consistencies and respect of the procedure.
Years of experience:
7-10 : senior
in one of the big 4 would be a good asset
Experience in private banking:
Strong knowledge of KYC and AML regulations (CDB, OBA-FINMA) - Strong knowledge of tax regulations (CRS, QI-FATCA) - Strong knowledge of the different structures utilized as investment vehicles (e.g. personal holding company, partnership, trust, foundation, fund,…) - Attention to detail - Solid organization and time management skills - Ability to efficiently manage priorities - Express opinions and criticism in a constructive way.