Client Documentation Specialist (M/F)
You will join UBP Wealth Management subsidiary in Luxembourg : Union Bancaire Privée (Europe) S.A which is the European hub office for the Group in the EU.
As part of the Client Documentation Department, the Client Documentation Specialist is a key individual to ensure the quality and the accuracy of the client’s data at any stage of the banking relationship .
The Client Documentation Specialist will be acting as the coordinator and central point of contact for any matters related to the Client Documentation scope of responsibilities, including for the branches abroad.
1. Day to day business:
- Review the documentation received from the clients for an account opening, a change in circumstances on an existing account or an account closing and verify that it complies with the local and international regulations (e.g. CDB20, Common Reporting Standards (CRS) and FATCA/QI rules) and the Bank’s directives and procedures from (i) a formal point of view (e.g. the correct version of the document is signed, all the required fields have been completed) and (ii) that the information is consistent across the documents provided by the clients (IDs, corporate documents, bank’s forms, etc…).
- Verify, depending on the client’s situation (type of structure, different ownership layers country of residence/incorporation), that the relevant set of documents has been provided (e.g. appropriate CDB form and corporate documents depending on the structure, relevant W forms for US tax purposes, CRS self-certification, …).
- Verify that the information entered in the Bank’s systems by the Front Office is complete according to the documentation signed.
- Perform 4 eyes controls and regular internal controls to ensure respect of the procedures.
- Ensure a good quality of service by providing an accurate feedback to the Front Office on any error, missing document and answering in a timely manner to any query related to his/her mission and duties.
2. Coordination and central point of contact
- Build a bridge and create synergy within the Client Documentation department and other key players (Legal, Compliance, IT…), create/maintain an efficient flow of communication that ensures all remain aware of important information and that it is consistent.
- Act as a business partner by bringing his/her expertise and the relevant support and input to the other departments of the bank (Front Office, Compliance, Legal…) when required (on a complex situation, on the implementation of new regulations or bank’s decisions, new projects).
- Coordinate efforts to help a smooth flow in the processes and always seek for improvements.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team effort.
3. Projects and Change management
- Be up to date on any changes in the regulations, perform the assessment for internal changes, communicate with the relevant departments involved and to the team, implement them or launch projects, requests to IT as needed.
- Participate in any project impacting the team, either required by a new regulation or initiated by the Bank, hence participate to workshops, meetings, upon the management delegation (for defining the business requirements, performing the testings, and any other required tasks).
- Involve the other team members as required.
- Participate in the change management within the team by communicating proactively on the various projects and accompany the team in the change.
- Make sure that the procedures and processes are updated accordingly and communicated to all stakeholders (Client Documentation teams within the different branches or the Client Care Centers).
Notice: In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, retained candidate will be required to provide an extract from their criminal record as a part of UBP screening process.
Bachelor Degree in Law, Finance, Banking
Strong knowledge of regulatory environment in Luxembourg, especially applicable to the banking secto
Advanced knowledge in general with software tools.
Years of experience:
3-7 : intermediate
3-5 years of experience in AML/KYC/CTF activities within Private Banking and Financial Services.
Experience in private banking:
(Italian, Danish, Swedish)
- Ability to efficiently manage priorities.
- Maintain quality standards despite schedule pressures.
- High sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Customer and result oriented.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
- Proactive and reactive.
- Stress Resilient.
- Problem Solving and Analytical mindset.
- Multitasking attitude.
- Attention to Detail.