Asset Management Intern -12 month
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) is one of the largest family-owned private banks in the world. But what makes UBP really unique is its corporate culture, which combines modernity and tradition. Although UBP was founded in 1969, its origins can be traced back to the 17th century and the start of a long line of financiers and diplomats of whom Edgar de Picciotto and his descendants are the successors. Today, the Bank's staff draw their inspiration and drive from the founding family's subtle blend of strong moral values and pragmatism, which to this day remain the key to UBP’s success.
This position provides a great opportunity to get a unique exposure to the Discretionary Portfolio Management environment: Financial markets, Investment analysis on Equity and Fixed Income.
As an intern, you will support the Discretionary Portfolio Management team in all its business activities and gain knowledge about all the different aspects of financial investments.
- Design, implement and maintain Excel- based tools used to support the Discretionary Portfolio Management team, either independently or in a team, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Improve the automatization of the investment proposal process
- Improve the tools used to support investment committees
- Improve the tools used to implement and monitor the implementation of investment decisions
An engineering degree in Computer science with a finance specialisation
Years of experience:
0-3 : beginner
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office tools especially Excel, PowerPoint - Programming skills in VBA and database management (Access, SQL) a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets and investments
Experience in private banking:
- High Motivation, high attention to detail
- Programming mind-set
- Excellent organization skills
- Very strong team spirit and ability to partner with other teams
- Positive attitude and good personality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Fluency in English and German (French is a plus)