Graduate Programme - Wealth Management Geneva
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) is one of the largest family-owned private banks in the world. But what makes UBP really unique is its corporate culture, which combines modernity and tradition. Although UBP was founded in 1969, its origins can be traced back to the 17th century and the start of a long line of financiers and diplomats of whom Edgar de Picciotto and his descendants are the successors. Today, the Bank's staff draw their inspiration and drive from the founding family's subtle blend of strong moral values and pragmatism, which to this day remain the key to UBP’s success. //
As it plays such a major part in our strategy, we are investing significantly in Wealth Management to fuel our growth, particularly in Europe (onshore), the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia. We provide a complete range of private banking products and services, including a variety of investment management and advisory mandates, tailored to our clients's specific requirements, objectives and risk profiles. Among UBP professional partners, over 300 independent asset managers have chosen us as their custodian bank, valuing our personalised, flexible services and our transparent fee structure.
Fixed-term contract and training programme of 18 months, based on a rotation through various departments with strong interaction with Wealth Management.
The purpose is to acquire targeted professional skills as well as practical experience.
This programme is dedicated to young graduates, with a Master’s degree and a maximum of 6 months’ global professional experience, seeking to discover the wealth management industry.
It includes the prospect of obtaining a permanent role within a Wealth Management team.
I. Relations with private clients and marketing
With the guidance of the relationship manager and experts (e.g. Investment Advisor, Wealth Planning and Credit experts):
- Cultivate relationships with clients
- Respond to clients’/prospects’ needs with investments proposals
- Ensure that the contractual documents and supporting paperwork are signed and up-to-date
- Comply with the Bank’s internal directives, taking into account the client’s profile and types of transactions
With the guidance of the Assistant:
- Follow up on and execute administrative tasks – account paperwork filing, transaction executions, discretionary management and advisory mandate processing, and client query responses
- Ensure clients’ transactions/instructions/requests (stock market orders, transfers, tax report requests, product information, etc.) are executed/addressed correctly and swiftly
- Provide administrative support to the relationship manager(s) by preparing visits and trips, filing client data and documents, and checking that clients’ investments are consistent with their risk profiles
- Carry out first-level checks as per internal directives, where applicable, and escalate transactions or situations putting the Bank at risk, to the line manager
III. Compliance with regulations and internal directives
- Learn to know and strictly apply all internal directives and rules, banking laws and regulations, such as those regarding entering into business relations with clients, contacts/relations with clients (existing or prospective), anti-money-laundering, cross-border business, investment policies, investor protection, business travel
- Attend the Bank’s compulsory training sessions
Applications must be made through our careers website and must include a CV and a cover letter.
Master’s degree in finance obtained before August 2021 at a highly recognized university
Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Microsoft Office suite
Years of experience:
0-3 : beginner
Maximum 6-months’ professional experience
Experience in private banking:
(any other language (esp. German or Spanish) would be a plus)
Team player -