Equity derivatives proprietary trader
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) is one of the largest family-owned private banks in the world. But what makes UBP really unique is its corporate culture, which combines modernity and tradition. Although UBP was founded in 1969, its origins can be traced back to the 17th century and the start of a long line of financiers and diplomats of whom Edgar de Picciotto and his descendants are the successors. Today, the Bank's staff draw their inspiration and drive from the founding family's subtle blend of strong moral values and pragmatism, which to this day remain the key to UBP’s success. //
The Treasury & Trading (T&T) teams, with 8 booking centres across the globe, are the doorway to the different financial markets for UBP group. The Treasury team actively manages UBP Balance sheet to optimize the net interest income coming from the different Asset & Liabilities flows. Asset and Liability Management in a banking context means optimizing investments under liquidity, capital and funding constraints, observing the ratios set by the regulators and UBP’s Board of Director. Treasury is also in charge of the overall Cash & Collateral management for the bank. The Trading & Execution teams are the link between the markets and UBP client advisors to ensure them the best possible market access. They facilitate the execution of clients’ trades and provide UBP relationship managers (RM’s) with all the trading information and services they need to implement their clients’ portfolio strategies. They offer the full range of financial products execution across all asset classes, whether exchange-listed or OTC. In addition, for active professional clients who need a quick and direct access to the FX, Equities or Bond Market, the Sales & Execution team are here to support them into their investment strategy implementation.
Proprietary trading. The right candidate will be in charge of his own portfolio, run and risk manage EQD strategies: mainly convex, as well as delta one on a tactical basis.
Ability to think out of the box and to be creative.
- Build and risk manage Nostro strategies within the EQD universe. Trading volatility as an asset class. Instruments: options and futures mainly on European Stoxx indexes and single stocks.
- In control of her/his own strategies/portfolio;
- Work to strategically grow the business collaboratively with internal partners;
- Collaborate with IT, market risk management and product control to maintain and improve the firm's infrastructure around the Equity Derivatives business.
Master Degree, engineering school.
Years of experience:
+10 : senior
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally in an IB or a HF, specifically around volatility; strong knowledge of derivatives products; working knowledge of European equity index options markets (SX5E and sector indexes), as well as of dividend futures and options. An experience of building dispersion trades is required. An experience of exotic payoffs would be a plus.
Experience in private banking:
Adherence to the company's values - Compliance with regulations and internal directives - Strong verbal communication and analytical skills - Strong organisational capabilities - Entrepreneurship and social intelligence - Strong team player.