US: improving sales prospects in housing
US: NAHB housing market index (March): 62 vs 63 expected (prior: 62)
- Sentiment index stayed stable; prospects on sales have improved and seemed to progressively recover.
- Some easing in interest rates has relatively improved some indicators, but the situation remains globally mixed in the sector.
Poland: Current account (Jan.): 2316Mio EUR vs 1588Mio expected (prior: -1400Mio)
- Trade balanced has shown a mild surplus, thanks to a a larger rebound in exports.
Poland: Core inflation (Feb.): 0.2% m/m vs 0.1% expected (prior: 0%)
- Inflation was up by 1% y/y after 0.8% y/y the prior month.
Russia: Industrial production (Feb.): 4.1% y/y vs 1.5% expected (prior: 1.1%)
- Production has rebounded thanks to the manufacturing sector (6.6% m/m; 4.6% y/y). Other sectors remained volatile and the trend remains fragile.