US Richmond business survey: lower over the short run but rising expectations
US: Richmond Fed manufacturing (Oct.): 15 vs 24 expected (prior: 29.6)
- Sentiment has eased, but the picture remained mixed and constructive on details; current sentiment has eased on all items (orders and employment), but expectations have rebounded with more positive views on orders and employment.
- As regional surveys are traditionally highly volatile, these figures could point to some temporary slowdown or worries in this region, but with a still positive future outlook.
Germany: PPI (Sept.): 0.5% m/m vs 0.3% expected (prior: 0.3%)
- PPIs were trending higher from 3.1% to 3.2% y/y; energy prices were up by 2% m/m (8.5% y/y), and have shown a renewed rising trend after a pause on Q2.
Eurozone: Consumer confidence (Oct.): -2.7 vs -3.2 expected (prior: -2.9)
- Confidence has just stabilized at depressed levels on preliminary data.
Poland: Unemployment rate (Sept.): 5.7% vs 5.8% expected (prior: 5.8%)
- A decreasing trend in unemployment, down by 11 k over the month.
Brazil: CPI (Sept.): 0.58% m/m vs 0.64% expected (prior: 0.09%)
- Inflation was up by 4.53% y/y; monthly rise was fuelled by food and transport-energy prices over the month.
Turkey: Consumer confidence (Oct.): 57.3 (prior: 59.3)
- Confidence has eased further on employment, personal financial situation and on future economic situation.