German investor confidence improves again
US: Factory orders (Jan.): 0.1% m/m vs 0.3% expected (prior: 0.1%)
- The headline is lower than expected but growth in core capital goods orders was revised slightly up in December.
Germany: Zew (March): -3.6 vs -11.0 expected (prior: -13.4)
- Current situation: 11.1 vs 13.0 expected (prior: 15.0)
- Investor confidence improved for the fifth consecutive month as global risks subsided.
UK: Average earnings incl. Bonus (Jan.): 3.4% y/y vs 3.2% expected (prior: 3.5% revised from 3.4%)
- This adds to evidence that the UK job market remains solid.
UK: Unemployment rate (ILO) (Jan.): 3.9% vs 4.0% expected (prior: 4.0%)
- Jobless claims change (Feb.): +27k after +15.7k in January
- A bit ironically, UK unemployment rate falls to lowest since 1975.