The UBP China office provides two main investment strategies:
- A long-term strategy which works to provide absolute and relative returns using proprietary models to identify equities with long-term alpha.
- A long-only strategy.
- Positions are held for long periods compared to most competitors. With the emphasis on fundamental research, the lower turnover rate results in enhanced performance, especially in volatile markets (it should be noted that past performance is never a guarantee of future results).
- This applies proprietary quantitative models designed in-house to deliver stable returns.
- The option replication strategy generates corporate value which is quite distinct in the industry.
- UBP China provides tailor-made services for qualifying mandates and products.
- UBP China is highly transparent and constantly in touch with its investors, through frequent telephone calls and detailed reports on strategy and positioning.
- The joint venture combines strong local knowledge and an understanding of investment needs with UBP’s large international network and extensive resources. This gives investors greater access to global information and strategies.
An on-the-ground investment team in China
- UBP China has a team of renowned investment professionals with extensive experience and a proven track record.
- The CIO is a manager with vast experience of equity investment.
- Its Shanghai office has substantial investment resources.
- It has a team dedicated to A-share equities.
- The office is experienced in managing various financial instruments, including – but not limited to – equities, derivatives, the fixed-income segment, and money markets
Proven risk management framework
- A veteran global risk management team based in Geneva implements risk and compliance controls.
- The Global Risk Committee provides additional oversight.
Global investment presence
- UBP China has access to an extensive global network of investment teams which generate investment ideas and share market information.
The investment management team
The investment management team brings together 21 experienced professionals, who cover investments, research, sales, marketing and compliance.
- Tian Rencan, CEO of UBP China, has over 25 years of experience in finance. Prior to setting up UBP China, Tian worked for almost twelve years as CEO of HFT Investment Management Co., Ltd., a joint venture between a local securities house and BNP Paribas Investment Partners. Tian’s achievements are highly regarded throughout the industry. During his time with HFT, he received several industry awards, including the Shanghai Leading Talent in 2011, Asia Asset Management’s CEO of the Year 2009, Money Weekly’s Best Social Responsibility CEO in 2009, and hexun.com’s Most Outstanding CEO in 2005.
- Chen Hong, CIO of UBP China, has over 23 years of research and investment experience. Before setting up UBP China, he was CIO of HFT Investment Management Co., Ltd. for over a decade. During his time with HFT, he managed mutual funds, QFII portfolios and national social security funds.
UBP Investment Management (Shanghai) Limited
Room 1205, 12/F
Bank of East Asia Finance Tower
66 Hua Yuan Shi Qiao Road
Tel: +8621 2062 9980 | www.ubpsh.com