Eurozone: improving consumer confidence
Eurozone: Consumer confidence (Apr.): 0.4 vs -0.1 expected (prior: 0.1)
- Flash estimate for consumer confidence has shown a rebound after regular weakening over the past two months (due to lower sentiment on employment and prices development). More details will be provided next week.
- This could point towards firmer spending in Q2.
Germany: PPI (March): 0.1% m/m vs 0.2% expected (prior: -0.1%)
- PPIs have slightly increased from 1.8% y/y to 1.9% y/y.
- Prices of energy were on a rising trend.
Turkey: Consumer confidence (Apr.): 71.9 (prior: 71.3)
- Sentiment on current and future economic situation was mixed, but the willingness to spend has slightly increased.