France: consumer confidence under stabilization
France: Consumer confidence (Apr.): 101 vs 100 expected (prior: 100)
- Sentiment is less negative on personal situation and on standard of living; in details, prices, and unemployment to a lesser extent, were sources of rising concerns.
- In absolute terms, the index remained well above the levels reached before the financial crisis, pointing towards good fundamentals for households. The index could stabilize around these current levels, which stayed below levels reached in Q4-17.
Spain: PPI (March): -0.9% m/m (prior: 0% revised from 0.1%)
- Prices were up by 1.3% y/y after 1.2% y/y past month. Energy prices have fallen by 3% m/m.
Poland: Unemployment rate (March): 6.6% vs 6.5% expected (prior: 6.8%)
- The decrease of unemployed has accelerated: -35 k after -7 k past month.
Brazil: Current account (March): 798 M$ vs -100 M$ expected (prior: 290 M$ revised from 283 M$)
- Current account has jumped into a surplus for the second month; FDI has also jumped from USD 4.7 bn to USD 6.5 bn over the month.
Turkey: Central bank has increased liquidity lending rate from 12.75% to 13.50%.
- Repo rate was unchanged at 8%, overnight lending rate unchanged at 9.25% and overnight borrowing rate unchanged at 7.25%.
- In its statement, central bank mentioned that it wanted to implement some tightening in order to preserve price stability, as inflation and expectations have increased.