Compliance Officer High Risk Client and PEP Reviews
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) was founded in 1969 by Edgar de Picciotto, whose vision from the outset was to offer investors an astute and innovative wealth management service. With assets under management of CHF 126.8 billion as at the end of 2018 and a professional, global workforce of around 1,781 people, UBP is a major player in Switzerland’s wealth-management industry. Headquartered in Geneva, the Bank has over twenty locations in key economic and financial hubs worldwide, enabling it to combine global expertise with local know-how.
Handling the day-to-day spectrum of the review activities regarding High Risk Clients and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) of UBP Private Banking Zurich and Basel, to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations, including AML, CTF, Sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption laws, tax compliance as well as internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, support the handling of the day-to-day spectrum of client onboarding assessment activities if and when required.
• Perform holistic and in-depth ad hoc as well as periodic reviews of High Risk Clients and PEPs across all Markets covered by the Bank, including adverse news investigations, reputational assessments and transactional analysis;
• Day-to-day collaboration and interaction with all PB Front Markets to ensure timely clarification, remediation or further investigation on matters and red flags related to High Risk Clients and PEPs;
• Prepare internal investigation memorandums to determine filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs);
• Prepare and submit SARs to the Money Laundering Reporting Office Switzerland (MROS), take care of all interaction and follow-ups with MROS as well as Swiss Law Enforcement Authorities (Federal and Cantonal Prosecutors);
• Provide guidance, training, support and relevant information to RMs related to any of the above activities;
• Provide support to the account opening team when necessary by taking ownership of specific on-boarding cases throughout the process and, where applicable, ensure escalation and presentation to higher committees;
• Liaise and work with other Compliance functions in Zurich and Geneva in order to obtain a holistic client view and align on Group Compliance programs;
• Assist with departemental projects and initiatives as/when required;
• Monitor changes to business practices and products to ensure that AML controls and procedures are adqueate to cover them.
Degree in Law, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or the like
Years of experience:
3-7 : intermediate
A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as Compliance, AML and/or KYC specialist in Private Banking or similar role
Experience in private banking:
• Very good understanding of risk management and controls
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Commercial awareness, solution focused
• Ability to work independently, take decisions and set priorities
• Fluent in English; additional languages, especially Russian, are considered an asset