Senior Client Documentation specialist
The Bank’s entire operations are managed by COO Division and are headed up by the Chief Operating Officer. It strives to provide both in-house and external clients with a first-rate service to ensure our business operates efficiently and at the best possible cost. The COO division comprises Operations, Finance, Information Management, Human Resources and Logistics. COO Division employees are committed to providing, with professionalism and enthusiasm, an efficient, proactive, high-quality service that meets the needs of clients within the context of the Bank’s overall strategy.
Ensure the quality and the accuracy of the client’s data at any stage of the banking relationship in terms of “Know Your Customer” rules imposed by local or international regulations or conventions.
Act as the coordinator and central point of contact, in
Maintain composure in all circumstances (work under pressure with high volume and tight deadlines).
Act as a valuable business partner vis-à-vis the other departments (Front Office, Compliance, IT, …) by bringing expertise and proactivity.
- open minde
Day to day business
- Review the documentation received from the clients for an account opening, a change in circumstances on an existing account or an account closing and verify that it complies with the local and international regulations and the Bank’s directives and procedures from a formal point of view and that the information is consistent across the documents provided by the clients
- Verify, depending on the client’s situation, that the relevant set of documents has been provided from a KYC and tax perspective
- Verify that the information entered in the Bank’s systems by the Front Office is complete according to the documentation signed
- Perform 4 eyes controls and regular internal controls to ensure respect of the procedures
- Ensure a good quality of service by providing an accurate feedback to the Front Office on any error, missing document and answering in a timely manner to any query related to his/her mission and duties.
Coordination and central point of contact
- Build a bridge and create synergy within the Client Documentation & Tax Services department and other key players (Legal, Compliance, IT…), create/maintain an efficient flow of communication that ensures all remain aware of important information and that it is consistent
- Act as a business partner by bringing his/her expertise and the relevant support and input to the other departments of the bank (Front Office, Compliance, Legal…) when required
- Coordinate efforts to help a smooth flow in the processes and always seek for improvements
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication and cohesive team effort
Projects and Change management
- Be up to date on any changes in the regulations, perform the assessment for internal changes, communicate with the relevant departments involved and to the team, implement them or launch projects, requests to IT as needed
- Participate in any project impacting the team, either required by a new regulation or initiated by the Bank, hence participate to workshops, meetings, upon the management delegation
- Participate in the change management within the team by communicating proactively on the various projects and accompany the team in the change
- Make sure that the procedures and processes are updated accordingly and communicated to all stakeholders
Years of experience:
7-10 : senior
in one of the big 4 would be a good asset
Experience in private banking:
- Strong knowledge of KYC and AML regulations (CDB16, OBA-FINMA)
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations (CRS, QI-FATCA)
- Strong knowledge of the different structures utilized as investment vehicles (e.g. personal holding company, partnership, trust, fund,…)
- Attention to detail
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Ability to efficiently manage priorities
- Express opinions and criticism in a constructive way