Junior Tax Specialist
Group Shared Services (GSS) The Bank’s entire operations are managed by GSS and are headed up by the Chief Operating Officer. It strives to provide both in-house and external clients with a first-rate service to ensure our business operates efficiently and at the best possible cost. The GSS division comprises Operations, Finance, Information Management, Human Resources and Logistics. GSS employees are committed to providing, with professionalism and enthusiasm, an efficient, proactive, high-quality service that meets the needs of clients within the context of the Bank’s overall strategy.
Monitoring and reconciliation of the data to be reported daily or yearly depending on the regulation/jurisdiction (FATCA/QI/CRS/MIFID II/EMIR/FMIA/FINFRAG/Duty to disclose, withholding taxes)
Ensure the quality and the the accuracy of the withholding/reporting done by the Bank, as a regulatory obligation in an environment which is subject to constant changes and evolutions.
- Daily monitoring and control of regulatory reporting (MIFID II / EMIR / FMIA / FINFRAG) sent to the reporting platform(s) (i.e. locals regulators)
- Monitoring, reporting and control of various withholding taxes (QI/FATCA/Country specific/Stamp tax…)
- Monthly reconciliations, quality control and statistics of the data reported
- Manage inquiries from within and outside the bank and investigate questions and issues about the taxes or regulatory reporting
- Education: University Degree
- Technical skills: Microsoft Excel/Access
- Years of experience: 0-3 : beginner
- Experience in private banking: Optional
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- Swiss resident: Mandatory
- Good knowledge of the financial transactions in relation to these taxes and regulations - Knowledge of the documentation to be provided by the clients in relation to these regulations - Ability to efficiently manage priorities - Be able to work independently but also as a team - Express opinions and criticism in a constructive way - Seek opportunities to improve the existing set-up - Think in "Problem-Action-Results" terms - Go beyond specific assignments, walk the extra mile - Consistently comply with internal & external regulations - Maintain quality standards despite schedule pressures