Software Configuration Manager - External Consultant - 12 months-
Group Shared Services (GSS) The Bank’s entire operations are managed by GSS and are headed up by the Chief Operating Officer. It strives to provide both in-house and external clients with a first-rate service to ensure our business operates efficiently and at the best possible cost. The GSS division comprises Operations, Finance, Information Management, Human Resources and Logistics. GSS employees are committed to providing, with professionalism and enthusiasm, an efficient, proactive, high-quality service that meets the needs of clients within the context of the Bank’s overall strategy.
Manage and version applications / Platforms code source
Be able to work in a changing environment
Main responsibilities are the following:
- Manage and control the source code repository, currently versioned in SVN (SubVersioN) and TFS (Team Foundation Server)(TFS).
- Participate to migration from simple trunk to Multi Branch in SVN.
- Lead the migration from SVN to GIT if applicable
- Define the software configuration structure nodes and branches with respect to the system / subsystems breakdown of the product.
- Coordinate with developers on matters related to code check-ins, change tracking and build failures and communicating results to code analysis.
- Guide proper source code branching and merging strategies applicable to local and remote development teams
- Develop required scripts or code to automate deployment, relying on Jenkins/Ansible/Artifactory
- Control releases using appropriate release management tool.
- Deliver base-lined software to the test team.
- Work closely with developers, architects and DBA’s to help refine and implement software configuration management processes and strategy.
- Participate to the administration, maintenance and upgrade of software configuration management’s tools.
- Participate to the improvement of the process definition and respective description and documentation
- Education: Engineer
- Technical skills: Masters the Software Development Life Cycle and versioning management strategies
- IT Tools: SVN, TFS, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, AppDynamics, Sonar, JIRA
- Years of experience: 3-7 : intermediate
- Experience required: Previously performed a Software Configuration Management role in a complex technical environment, involving multiple concurrent deveopment teams
- Experience in private banking: Optional
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- Swiss resident: Optional
Critical thinking, problem solving, flexibility, abiliy to work under pressure