Financial Products Tax Specialist
Private Banking (PB) As it plays such a major part in our strategy, we are investing significantly in Private Banking to fuel our growth, particularly in Europe (onshore), the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia. We provide a complete range of private banking products and services, including a variety of investment management and advisory mandates, tailored to our clients' specific requirements, objectives and risk profiles. Among UBP professional partners, over 300 independent asset managers have chosen us as their custodian bank, valuing our personalised, flexible services and our transparent fee structure.
The successful applicant will join the Wealth Planning team within Union Bancaire Privée, UBP SA, a Geneva based Private Bank (“UBP”). In this role he/she will work closely with clients and relationship managers to ensure that assets held by UBP Private
Work in a multi-jurisdiction and international environment.
The job-holder will join a dynamic and stimulating work environment where he/she will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of technical expertise on the taxation of financial products on the markets that are strategic for the Group.
- Meeting clients and prospects to discuss the taxation applicable to their investments.
- Reviewing existing portfolios and investment proposals to ensure their suitability from the point of view of taxation.
- Training relationship managers and investment specialists on the taxation of financial assets in the Group’s core markets and providing them with the relevant material to manage tax suitability on a daily basis. This material notably includes country specific tax matrixes listing all investment products categories and their related tax treatment.
- Support Private Banking clients, relationship managers and investment specialists with all their questions related to the taxation of financial products, including those linked to local withholding taxes and the tax reports issued by UBP.
- Being a member of the Products & Platform Committee and working closely with the Asset Management and Treasury and Trading departments to opine on the taxation of structured products and investment funds and discuss their structuring.
- Working with the advisory and discretionary portfolio management teams to build and maintain country specific discretionary management mandates.
- Education: University Degree
- IT Tools: • Proficient user of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Years of experience: +10 : senior
- Experience required: - 10 to 15 years’ experience as a Tax Advisor in the field of wealth management. - Strong client skills, with the ability to deliver needs-based solutions and a best-of-class client experience. - In-depth knowledge of specific complex financial planning solutions and products, including knowledge of financial markets, new product solutions and regulatory requirement relevant to wealth planning. - Analytical skills to review opportunities in Top Tier Relationship Manager portfolios and engage in client meetings.
- Experience in private banking: Mandatory
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- Swiss resident: Optional
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to foster long-term relationships. - Ability to analyse financial information and ensure compliance with regulations. - Fluency in French and English (the successful applicant will be asked to lead meetings, run presentations, as well as write and present reports in both languages).