Client Documentation Specialist
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) was founded in 1969 by Edgar de Picciotto, whose vision from the outset was to offer investors an astute and innovative wealth management service. With assets under management of CHF 147.4 billion as at the end of 2020 and a professional, global workforce of around 1,800 people, UBP is a major player in Switzerland’s wealth-management industry. Headquartered in Geneva, the Bank has over twenty locations in key economic and financial hubs worldwide, enabling it to combine global expertise with local know-how.
As part of the Client Documentation the Client Documentation Specialist is a key element to ensure the quality and the accuracy of the client’s data at any stage of the banking relationship in terms of “KYC” rules.
This rules are imposed by local or international regulations or conventions, especially in a more and more strict and complex environment.
- Review correctness and completeness of documentation for private person & legal entity account openings according to Swiss laws and regulations and AML Policies of the Bank
- Review correctness and completeness of modifications after account is opened according to Swiss laws and regulations and AML Policies of the Bank
- Ensure that knowledge of the Swiss banks' code of conduct with regards to the exercise of due diligence (CDB) provisions and Bank Directives is solid and up to date
- Ensure that knowledge of tax documentary requirements is solid and up to date
- Provide first class customer service to its stakeholders
- Be an efficient Subject-matter-expert for Due Diligence requirements
- Collaborate with Compliance, Compliance Tax & Legal Departments on relevant matters and enquiries
Years of experience:
3-7 : intermediate
• At least 5 years' experience in Client Documentation
• Solid foundation on KYC and AML regulations (CDB, FINMA)
• Broad experience in tax matters and tax regulations (CRS, FATCA)
• Strong knowledge of different structures utilized as investment vehicles (e.g. personal holding company, partnership, trust/foundations, underlying companies, funds etc.)
• Good knowledge of documentary requirements for US clients
Experience in private banking:
• Good analytical skills, attention to details
• High resistance to stress
• Client centric