Head of External Communications
Union Bancaire Privée (UBP) is one of the largest family-owned private banks in the world. But what makes UBP really unique is its corporate culture, which combines modernity and tradition. Although UBP was founded in 1969, its origins can be traced back to the 17th century and the start of a long line of financiers and diplomats of whom Edgar de Picciotto and his descendants are the successors. Today, the Bank's staff draw their inspiration and drive from the founding family's subtle blend of strong moral values and pragmatism, which to this day remain the key to UBP’s success.
We are looking for a new position of Head of External Communications.
Define & implement Group PR Strategy (media / social media/ digital media).
Contribute to advertising / sponsorships plan.
Manage UBP’s image and reputation.
Position UBP as a key player in Wealth Management and Asset Management in key markets.
Build strong employer branding.
Establish thought leadership on key expertise’s.
- Oversee Group world-wide press relations (print, TV, etc.) with local media relations team (Geneva, Zurich and Hong Kong) and via half a dozen PR agencies world-wide.
- Increase readership/audience leveraging all communications channels
- Define & manage the implementation of Digital media strategy (LinkedIn, X, Facebook, WeChat, Instagram)
- Streamline and promote external content (annual report, investment content, white papers, ExCo members interviews) leveraging all channels
- Articulate specific communication plans with stakeholders to promote UBP’s investment expertise internally (AM and Investment Services)
- Recycle/curate content into fitting format: news, articles, videos etc. Vulgarize content when necessary
- Elaborate content planning - Ensure consistency across all media/support
- Management of a team of 5 people
- Long experience with media relations minimum of 5 years in dealing with media requests.
- Digital vision – at ease with all social media platforms and digital communications tools (display, SEA etc)
- Capacity to leverage and develop clear digital media strategy
- The ability to articulate complex projects with different stakeholders
- Good experience to lead the planning
- Development, and execution of specific projects
- Content editing Copywriting
Excellent written communications skills:
- Experience to write, rewrite or edit complex /investment communications with a strong command of English
Years of experience:
+10 : senior
Solid Investment / background. Minimum of 5-10 years' relevant experience in WM/ AM .
Experience in private banking:
Teamwork and Inclusion
Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output.
Flexible, dedicated, respectful, team-player
Work under pressure
Ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment