Bank Accountant - 12 Months Temporary Contract (M/F)
As a part of the COO division, you will join the Finance and Reporting desk of Union Bancaire Privée (Europe), S.A. and will report to the Head of Finance. The desk is in charge that all accountabilities, invoices and reporting comply with all regulations.
The accounting officer ensures that all accountabilities of the perimeter are correctly processed in the respective tools in accordance with the internal procedures.
You will have to deal with an international environment dealing with the accounting of 7 different entities concerned by European hub of UBP Group (Luxembourg, Milan, Lisbon, Madrid, Frankfort and Brussels).
- Prepare and/or validate journal entries for the bank, the Asset Management company, and their branches.
- Record suppliers’ invoices addressed to the bank, the Asset Management company, and their branches and control related reports.
- Perform various reconciliations related to the GL accounts.
- Assist in the cash management process.
- Assist on the preparation of monthly and annually tax related reports for the bank, the Asset Management company, and their branches.
- Assist in the financial audit and in the preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare financial/risk reports and ad hoc reports.
- Answer to surveys from regulating and/or tax authorities.
Important Notice: In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, retained candidate will be required to provide an extract from their criminal record as a part of UBP screening process.
- Bachelor diploma in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in bank’s accounting operations
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), French and additional languages are an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS/Lux GAAP, knowledge of tax and VAT accounting rules would be an advantage
- Very good knowledge on MS Office
- Proactive with problem solving and analytical mindset
Bachelor in Finance / Bank Accounting
Good knowledge in IFRS/Lux Gaap, as well and Tax and VAT accounting rules.
Good Knowledge of IT Tools
Years of experience:
0-3 : beginner
A previous experience as an Accountant will be considered as a priority.
Experience in private banking:
(Italian, Portuguese appreciated.)
Attention to detail
Problem solving and analytical mindset
Proactive and reactive
Sense of discretion and confidentiality