What is your management structure?
UBP is a family business. Edgar de Picciotto – the bank’s founder – is the Chairman and his son, Guy, the Chief Executive Officer. He is the President of the Executive Committee, which is centred on the bank’s four pillars . Other members are Michel Longhini (Private Banking), Eftychia (La) Fischer (Treasury & Trading / Asset Management) and Ian Cramb (Operations).
What are UBP’s key numbers?
|NET PROFIT (IN CHF MILLIONS): 175 |
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT (IN CHF BILLIONS): 80
BALANCE SHEET TOTAL (IN CHF BILLIONS): 18,9
|TIER 1 CAPITAL RATIO: 25,7 % |
SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY (IN CHF BILLIONS): 1.9
RETURN ON EQUITY: 10,2 %
How can I apply for a job?
You can apply for a job or an apprenticeship by following this link
What is your approach to risk management?
UBP’s global risk-management approach is an integrated and continuous process and relies on two perspectives: strategic risk-management on the one hand and tactical risk-management on the other.
It pursues two crucial aims: maximising clients’ assets and seizing opportunities, as well as balancing capital preservation and capital optimisation. It is also tasked with ensuring that UBP meets regulatory requirements at all times.
What are UBP’s main areas of expertise?
- UBP’s main business divisions are Private Banking, Asset management and Alternative investments.
- UBP is committed to providing its clients with investment solutions which offer high added-value and that are tailored to their particular needs, as well as first-class service and transparency
- UBP is at the forefront of the wealth management industry in Switzerland with its extensive know-how in designing both traditional and alternative investment products.
- The Bank offers its clients effective, personalised solutions that are designed to track the constant evolution of the markets;
- Our trading services offer our clients the possibility to trade a complete range of products across all asset classes. Moreover, UBP ranks amongst the leaders in structured-product development in Switzerland.
What is MiFID and is UBP subject to it?
The European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) is a European Union law, which aims at increasing competition and consumer protection in investment services.
UBP is a major player in trading markets. Our quality platform meets the latest MiFID requirements, which means we can provide fast and reliable deal and order management.
What services do you offer for high net worth individuals?
Our wealth and estate planning services are for private clients who want to maximise wealth protection, see their wealth grow and pass it down the generations, both safely and confidentially. Our services are put together to cover all major events in your life and those of your family; these include, among others, tax, retirement and inheritance planning, private insurance, and the creation of legal structures.
As a private client, may I manage my account independently?
Yes, you may, through our “execution-only” business. This type of active and independent asset management will suit you if you are familiar with complex investments and global financial markets, and wish to keep control over the final investment decisions.
How should I proceed if I am an independent asset manager interested in a partnership with UBP?
For over twenty years, independent asset managers have held a strategic importance at UBP. Today, more than one hundred independent asset managers around the world have chosen Union Bancaire Privée have chosen us as their bank of reference, valuing our personalised, flexible services and our transparent remuneration structure.
I represent a pension fund and am interested in learning more about UBP’s services. Who should I contact?
Please get in touch with our client service team.
What service do you offer to fund resellers?
UBP sees itself as a natural partner for third-party fund distributors and offers the following services:
- Alpha-oriented access to core asset classes through our range of funds. This covers also those asset classes where we see the most exciting new opportunities for investors;
- Our wide range of funds includes a variety of options that can suit your end investors’ needs;
- Client education: regular updates, ideas on new products and investment opportunities, and training seminars.
What are the highlights of your Investmen strategy?
The Bank distinguishes itself through its clear and decisive stance, as well as through its investment strategy, which is based on strong convictions and aimed at preserving capital while generating performance.
What are the advantages of investing in Hedge Funds?
Alternative investments are a means of diversification and have the advantage of being uncorrelated from the markets. UBP’s Alternative Investments division is resolutely client-oriented. It has developed a wide range of hedge-fund advisory services and currently manages a diversified line of alternative investment funds.